Hey there, I'm Rachel. This is my husband Daniel & our precious babies. You're probably wondering "how'd you get into this biz?" Well, I always loved taking pictures and used to make my sister "model" for me using my point and shoot. (I still have examples of these. Literally horrible. haaa) When I got my first real job out of college I saved enough, did a little research and bought my first camera. I started taking pictures of friends - mainly couple & senior shoots - and within a year it snowballed into an actual business! In 2015, a friend asked me to shoot their wedding and I was so scared I barely slept the night before. But I ended up loving everything about it and surprising myself with how decent the pictures were. ;) Since then, I've been hooked. For a year and a half Kharis Photography was a side hustle as I worked as an account manager for a creative agency. Then, in February of 2017 I took a risk and made the jump to full time photography. It's been the best career decision I've ever made. I say it all the time, I have the very best job in the world. My 'job' is to celebrate others. To encourage, laugh with, and capture their most precious moments. Not many occupations can say that. I also get to work from home in my athletic shorts and my boss lets me take as many vacation days as I want so it's really not a bad gig. ;)
Obsessions (besides photography):
- Dance parties – especially to the Wobble & the song Come On Eileen. Just let me know if you want me to lead a special choreographed dance at your reception to Come On Eileen, because I’ll do it. Guaranteed party starter.
- Fun things - I’m currently trying to convince my husband to buy a hot tub and let me make the guest room into a tent room (exactly what it sounds like).
- My people - I'm fiercely committed to my people. My family. Friends. Church. Clients.
- Game nights - Does this make me nerdy?
- Eating cookies - Like seriously, I love cookies.
- Change - My husband says I can't go long without some sort of change - a craving for a new tattoo, a different hair color or cut...
- Also this is not an obsession but I hate bugs. Felt noteworthy.
Enough about me...
I want to hear about YOU and the loveeeeee of your life. If your wedding is going to be a major celebration filled with all sorts of laughing, general merriment, and maybe even tambourines – I’m your girl. So, let’s hang out like we’re old friends. I’ll bring my camera and maybe some pizza.